Thursday, November 1, 2012

Science Day & Halloween

This week has been so fast and wild that I feel like Tuesday should have been Friday.  Our campus usually dresses up for Halloween.  We tell the kids they can wear their costumes so long as no blood and guts (don't want to scare our pre-k and ppcd kids).  The best thing about Halloween at our campus is our teachers go all out!  Last year was amazing - we had angry birds and star wars characters.  This year we decided that we would do Science day.  We ask that our teachers do labs all day on Science Days, which we plan for once a quarter.  This was our first Science day.....here is a pic of my third grade team
We had kids making gak, drinking up their insects like spiders, checking hypothesis about items that glow under a black light (testing theories from the internet), Frankenworms, mixtures (popcorn & candies) and solutions (kool aid), vibrations, magnets, shadows, and so much more.  We had a great time.  My friend, Reagan, took a pic with me, but I didn't have it.  I think she'll post about it on her blog
Now that I referenced her blog....she got lots of amazing pics from all grade levels.  I'm jealous. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh!!! I am totally sending you the picture you goose! I just posted about Veterans day! Darn it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon! I just found you through Reagan's blog! I love all your math ideas! Thanks so much for sharing them! I'm your newest follower! :o)

    œKaryn
    A is for Apple B is for Blog
    Kideducator@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete