Saturday, December 15, 2012

Deeply Saddened

There are no words to say.  My day yesterday was so busy that I had no idea about what had happened until 3:00.  I can't read anymore news stories or coverage about the tradegy, I burst into tears.  I find comfort in the safety measures at my school, however no school is 100% safe.  I'm so tired of hearing what students heard or saw.  Really???? Their innocence is lost and reporters are shoving microphones in their face to relive the entire event.  It makes my heart ache.  My first year teaching was 2011.  I struggled to try to explain as best I could the events of September 11th to my fifth grade students, as I was trying to understand as well.  I'm sure we will be doing some lockdown drills this week.  We have a faculty meeting Monday to discuss our Emergency Operations Plans and discuss any safety measures that we need with our maintance department. 

I came home last night and took my girls to see Christmas lights and eat Chick-fila.  I held them close and thanked God for their safety. 

My thoughts and prayers are with the CT families. 

No comments:

Post a Comment