Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Holy Cow!

Ok...have I mentioned that I've been a little busy with sick babies and work???  My daughter is on the mend, it just takes a long time to get over pnemonia.  Ok...in the craziness - I forgot that my hubby's birthday is tomorrow.  What can I get that would be here tomorrow?  Ideas?  ANYONE???? HELP

A math/testing issue that I am working on currently is finding an easy way to record an oral administration of a test, that I can email to teacher.  Then the teachers can download the audio file onto their itouches or computers.  This is a testing accommodation for some of our students.  Our district tried it with the last district assessments, but we are doing campus assessments next week and I'd like that be available to teachers.  Here is what I have come up with, but if anyone knows a shorter way...I'd sure appreciate it. 
1. I record a video showing the question and I read aloud the question, while recording it on my ipad.
2. Email it to myself
3. Upload it to dropbox app
4. Create a folder for each test, then drop each question audio file into that folder
5.  Email the teachers the folder

Am I being impatient or is this short?  I am sure someone out there can say...hey try this, and it be my light bulb moment, like...I hadn't thought of that. 

Off to look up something for the hubs

2 comments:

  1. Do you have to keep the questions synced to the audio? If so, you might try a narrated powerpoint? If not, you could make it one long audio file. Do you bake? You could give the hubs some cookies! Afterall, the way to a man's heart is through his stomache! ;)

    Jessica
    The Learning Metamorphosis


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't really need the problem picture but more so the audio. We preciously used one long audio file but the kids struggled to back to a specific question. I'll try PowerPoint and see. Thanks

      Delete